For all participants travelling to Viet Nam, kindly note that most visitors are required to obtain a visa to enter the country. In order to apply for a visa, your passport must be valid for at least six months after the travel date.
A visa may be obtained by visiting the closest Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate. If you have a Vietnamese Embassy/Consulate in your respective country, please apply to obtain a visa prior to departure.
When completing the application, please bear in mind the following:
- Certain countries have concluded an agreement with Viet Nam on exemption of the visa requirement for diplomatic or official passport holders or service/special passport holders.
If you cannot access the web page, please refer to this document, which is current as of February 2018.
- E-visa: Those who hold a regular passport and whose nationality is among 80 eligible countries can apply for an e-visa.
- Those departing from a country with no Vietnamese representative office, or having unforeseen constraints, may request support to apply for a visa to be collected upon arrival at an international airport in Viet Nam (i.e. first airport of arrival in Viet Nam). Follow this link to find addresses of overseas Vietnamese Embassies and Consulates.
- There is no visa fee for travelers carrying a UNLP.
Those who wish to request support from the Conference Organizing Team in arranging a visa for Viet Nam should complete the Visa Application Form and return the form to firstname.lastname@example.org before 10 March 2020.
Upon successful visa application, we will send you a Verbal Note from the Viet Nam Ministry of Foreign Affairs via the email address provided in the form. You will need to submit your passport and the Verbal Note to your preferred Vietnamese Embassy/Consulate as indicated in the form or to the Viet Nam immigration authorities at the airport for the issuance of a visa. If you have difficulty obtaining an entry visa to Viet Nam, please contact us at email@example.com
Conference Venue & Accommodation Options
The Conference will take place at Ariyana International Convention Centre, Furama Resort in Da Nang City.
- For all participants whose travel is funded by the Conference Organisers, kindly note that the Conference Organisers will coordinate your stay directly with the hotel and advise you of the arrangements.
For other participants, please find below a list of suggested hotels. The Government of Viet Nam has negotiated preferential rates at these hotels for Conference participants. Kindly note that these hotels will be mapped on the shuttle routes to the Conference venue. Conference participants should contact directly with these hotels to make their own arrangements for booking and payment.
|Hotel name||Star rating||Type of room required||Rate (/room/night) USD & VND|
- Room Rate included: Breakfast & VAT Tax
- Check in: After 14:00 PM | Checkout: Before 12:00 PM
- Remarks for payment: Full payment is required upon receiving the room confirmation
Participants attending the Conference will be provided with transportation between the airport and the preferred hotels during the immediate conference period.
After registration, participants will be requested to provide their flight information for arrival and departure.
For participants not staying at the Conference venue, shuttle services will be provided throughout the week between the Conference venue and the preferred hotels (see list above) during the days of the Conference.
The primary working language of the Conference will be English. Simultaneous interpretation between English, French, Spanish and Vietnamese will be available in the conference hall for all plenary sessions of the Conference. Simultaneous interpretation between English and Vietnamese will be available for all parallel sessions; French and Spanish will also available for selected parallel sessions (please contact the Conference Organizing Team for further information).
Information about Viet Nam
Discover Viet Nam
Viet Nam is blessed with a pleasant climate, stunning landscapes ranging from mountains to river basins, dense forests, vast tracts of emerald green rice fields and an unbroken coastline stretching 3000 kilometers. For more information, please refer to the official site of the Viet Nam National Administration of Tourism.
Ariyana International Convention Centre, Furama Resort, Da Nang, Vietnam
Address: 107 Vo Nguyen Giap, Khue My, Ngu Hanh Son, Da Nang City
Tel: +84 0236 3847 333